Sunday, January 01, 2006

First Day

I didn't expect to go visiting today, but that's exactly what we did. We got back home around 4 and it was time to start cooking. I would have preferred a more leisurely day, but it was all good either way. My dinner was absolutely wonderful. My recipe for Swedish meatballs has never let me down. I had them simmering after only an hour and a half. Now if I could just cut down on the prep time, I'd be in business.

All the shows have been repeats lately. We have one movie left to watch and haven't been in any hurry to view it. Most evenings we spend doing puzzles together. I still can't get enough Sudoku. You really should try them if you haven't. I even finished a book. Do you remember the movie "Christmas with the Kranks?" The book, "Skipping Christmas," is the basis for that movie. It is written by John Grisham. When the movie came out, I decided I had to read the book. We couldn't find it last year. This year, we found it several times. I handed it to my mother and opened it on Christmas Eve. I loved the story. Now I have to see the movie, but we're still waiting for the library to get it.

I actually got five books this Christmas. I hope to start another one before I go back to work on Tuesday. One of the books is the Norton's Anthology of Poetry. I really need to do some serious reading there. I still have an American Literature poetry book from a couple of years ago as well. Even if I don't pay too much attention to them now, I'm glad I have them so that I can eventually see what makes it into these anthologies. Maybe when I get inspired again, we'll get to these books.

We are going to do some puzzles now. I hope everyone had a great start to their new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home