Friday, December 02, 2005

Winter Snow Storm

It was a very messy and slow ride home tonight. We have a lake-affect snow warning on until 4 a.m. Saturday morning. Rush hour was anything but a rush. It was, however, filled with many inconsiderate people who blocked intersections and wouldn't let people get over when they needed to do so.

I think I was on to something the other day, though. My radio station was playing continuous Christmas music the whole way home. The ride could have been so much worse. I wouldn't say that I really enjoyed the ride because I will be the first to admit that I would rather not have snow, but it wasn't exactly terrible.

I left work about 20 minutes early and waded through drifts that were a foot to a foot and a half deep to clean my car off. Still, I was only about 10 minutes later than normal getting home. Fortunately, I don't have to go out again until tomorrow. By then, the storm warning will be over and we will just have more snow.

Oh, the joys of living on the North Coast! When I saw the forecast this morning, snow was predicted for the next six days. Every year, we get further and further into the snow belt. We should be feeling pretty lucky, though. Some years we have snow before Halloween. This year, I think we waited until Thanksgiving.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home