Tuesday, December 06, 2005

White Stuff

There's more of that white stuff coming. It has only been the last few years where snow has become one of the most unbecoming of the four-letter words. We've barely gotten started and I'm tired of it already. In another two weeks, I'll be off for the rest of the year and then it can snow all it wants.

I'm trying to keep my sanity between work, home, and the holidays. Of course, it didn't help that Mom took a tumble down the last few stairs on Sunday. She is nicely black and blue, but fared much better than even she expected with the fall. Parents have to stop doing that shit.

At work, I'm basically in the same place I was when I left on Thursday and it is driving me insane. I actually came home tonight and created a sample database to see if I could recreate my issue. I think I actually have a solution. Unfortunately, the solution came in the form of four queries, but that's okay. I have to move forward and get something accomplished. I have several more tables to populate after I complete this one. I need a break.

I've got at least one more package of Christmas gifts coming. I still have to take my Mom shopping so we can finish hers, but it feels good to be this far ahead on mine. Now if I could just get up the gumption to clean a bit, decorate a bit, and do some wrapping, I'd be in good shape.

I hope you all have a great night and don't have to dig out too much.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Ah, they're calling for snow here the end of this week too. It never snows here this early, and they're forever forecasting snow that never comes here - but somehow I feel like this time it really will, mostly because I want so badly for it NOT to come.

Since snow is so rare a thing here, folks don't know how to drive in it. The trip from here to Nova will grow from a one hour drive to a two hour trek with the idiot drivers down here!

Anyway, hope yours holds off too, and that you get the issues with your work stuff fixed.
*hug*
~E

Wednesday, December 07, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

We got off lucky today with only a dusting overnight. East of us got slammed. Maybe you'll be lucky too. I hope so.

I finally got passed that hump at work today because I spent a couple of hours figuring it out last night, so we're making progress. Thanks for checking on that.

I hope all is well with you.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home