Saturday, December 03, 2005

'Tis the Season

I think Christmas was deliberately put in December so that winter wouldn't be quite as bleak as it is. Up here on the North Coast, we get snow, cold, and everything in between. With the temperature changes, we get illness. I think my turn came this morning. One side of my nose let loose this morning. This makes no sense. This is the second time recently that half of my face betrayed the other half!

I finally got control of my nose, but not before I got the red moustache. Needless to say, I'm not feeling terribly friendly today. The snow, however, held off. Rumor has it that we have another lake-effect snow storm coming through tomorrow. Yek. A few years back, we got 3 feet of snow over two different weekends. The first one was Veteran's Day weekend (11/11) and the other was right around Christmas.

I don't care how you dice it, it is impossible to find places to put three feet of snow that you've moved. I don't need that kind of weather. It sure is pretty as long as you're safe and sound inside you're own homes. As soon as it comes time to go somewhere, someone with a magic wand had better be there to make it all disappear.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I'm sure I'll sniffle at you tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home