Friday, December 16, 2005

The Real World

There are so many things I would like to do. I would like to make all the hurt go away. It just doesn't work like that. Some of the things I'd like to do don't happen because there just aren't enough hours in a day. I'm too selfish to give up my sleep in order to go the extra round.

Earlier tonight, I learned that John Spencer died. Ironically, his character on the West Wing suffered a heart attack last season. Today, he suffered a heart attack that killed him. He was only 58. I will miss him. I used to watch LA Law when he starred in that as well.

I just came from the poetry board. It breaks my heart to know that the people I've grown to care so much about are suffering. And, there are just no words to help. If I could be in several places at one time, I could make my presence known with willing hugs and open arms. As the knife cuts, the blade eventually must dull. I can only hope this is true.

My Christmas spirit is lagging behind today. I'm tired and I still have to get up early tomorrow for a dental appointment. Hopefully, I'll discover an elf or two in my dreams tonight. In the meantime, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home