Friday, December 23, 2005

No White Christmas

When you want the snow, it doesn't happen. Temperatures are warming up and we're expecting rain. After two days like this, there will be very little white stuff left on the ground. I don't especially dream of a white Christmas, but the movie was wonderful. There is just something so pretty about snow on Christmas. It fits hand in hand with Santa, the reindeer, and the sleigh.

Tomorrow is Christmas Eve. My parents will have been married 49 years. In this day and age, that in itself is something to celebrate. My mother's parents were also married on Christmas Eve. I never met either of her parents. They were both gone long before I was born. It is a special day. Even though many times the anniversary gets glossed over, it is a wonderful day.

If nothing else, maybe we can get some of the ice cleared from the sidewalks and driveways. With visitors coming and going, clear pathways will help to make the day less slippery. You know how it gets when families get together. There's enough goings on in the houses; we don't need any mishaps getting to the houses. We especially don't want Santa slipping on any rooftops!

I hope your day tomorrow is everything you hope it to be. I'm going to try to make it a good day for my folks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home