Monday, December 19, 2005

Hmm

I've received two rejections in the past week. One was for some poetry and the other for a review that I wrote. These rejections don't help in the motivation department. I have a couple of submissions outstanding, but I don't hold my breath.

I haven't even been writing all that much poetry lately. The blog has taken up much of my writing time. I feel I've done some decent stories, though. Maybe I need to focus more on that kind of submssion. I don't know.

Have a great night, all.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Vickie, I got a rejection a couple of weeks ago. Bummer-but I'm used to it. I got an acceptance, too. But it's like conditional. They say it's ok, but an editor has to choose it for the magazine, and they'll keep it 3 months-if an editor chooses it, it gets printed, otherwise not. I didn't know that's how it works. Sigh.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Mommyleek said...

The good news about rejections is that they mean that at least you're writing, and submitting. That's more than some of us.

Keep on submitting, eventually someone out there will recognize talent. :)

Tuesday, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Nan,

That's just plain strange. So, they may reject you yet. I hope not.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Angie,

Thank you for the compliment about recognizing talent. I'll take my compliments where I can get them.

I suppose you're right, but I think I've been headed in a different direction these days. The poetry has been suffering.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home