Saturday, December 10, 2005

About Blogging

The strange thing about my blog is that I usually have no idea what I'm going to write until I just start writing. Often times, something will have happened just before I come online that influences my topic for the day. It could be a movie I've just seen, something I've just read, or osmosis.

Not terribly long ago, I started a story. I wrote what turned out to be the first of six parts. Okay, I thought about the next part a little before the next day, but I hadn't really planned out the story in advance. It just happened. It probably also reads that way too. I'm not sure stories that "just happen" are all that valuable. I haven't decided.

I hope that I've made some contribution to the literary world and the blogging world by being here. Some days are more conducive to that contribution than others. I hope that by doing what I do, what I've been compelled to do every day, I've offered some insight to others who are trying to achieve similar goals. If someone finds one useful piece of information or flashes one smile because of something I wrote, I'm doing okay.

I'm still not totally thrilled with the traffic to my blogs. At this time, though, I don't have a whole bunch of extra hours to devote to building up readership. I hope that people who read and enjoy my stories will come back to read and enjoy the others. On the sidebar, my stories are listed. It may take me a few days to actually add the latest ones, but they will get there.

In the meantime, I hope you're all having a wonderful Saturday.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Hi Vickie, I'm compulsive about checking my stats, but in all acutality, I only have a handfull of regular visitors, and I know every one of them by name. But I don't write anything more than personal ramblings, so it's no surprise that I don't have a larger readership.

On the other hand, I have to commend you for sticking with your target of making this about writing. You've stayed on topic the entire time you've been doing this, and produced quite a bit of work. Whether it's of value to anyone but you makes no difference. You're writing, and keeping the creative pathways cleared. That is more important than any number of readers.

Sunday, December 11, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Thank you, Angie. Actually, it does make a difference whether people find value in my work, but (and a big but) I take much comfort in some of the people I've met through the blogging experience. The fact that I've produced some decent entries is an added bonus.

I put books my two of my favorite bloggers on my Christmas list this year. The fact that either of these people have the time or the inclination to read my work on occasion means the world to me.

Monday, December 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home