Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hey There, Billy

Not terribly long ago, we talked about our lives being made up of selection processes. Some of you may have noticed that Christmas decorations are already on display in many stores. IT ISN'T EVEN HALLOWEEN YET!

Okay, now that I've gotten that off my chest, we've also talked about some of the other great blogs out there. I can't find the previous post, but Billy the Blogging Poet has been mentioned at least twice. I have two stories that I'm following on his blog.

The first is a children's story, Have Duck, Will Travel. There are a wonderful 16 chapters written for this story. If you have children, or even if you don't, you need to check out this adorable story.

The other is an online romance novel, Shaggy Dog. There are 39 chapters to this novel so far. I couldn't have written it any better than Billy has done. Check out the latest developments in the life of Danny.

I wait rather impatiently for updates on both of these stories. There should be a button we can hit that tells us when these types of entries are updated.

When I thought I'd seen it all, he posted (BEFORE HALLOWEEN!) a delightful and magical Christmas story. Straight from LaureatesKids.com The Reindeer Shoe will melt your heart and remind you of what Christmas is all about. I won't hold it against him for posting this too early, either. The only problem with this story is that it has a definite ending. There are 26 chapters to this story. Don't worry, though, it is a quick read and very much recommended.

2 Comments:

Blogger Billy Jones said...

Howdy Vickie,
Thanks for the compliments, it feels good. By the way, for those who use RSS Readers (I don't) both Shaggy Dog and Have Duck Will Travel have their own RSS feeds that will notify folks of when each story is updated.

Also, not to be forgotten is your editing advice which I take seriously even when I might not use it.

Sunday, October 23, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

I think I clicked on the RSS Readers and wasn't sure what was going on. I'll have to look into that. I do check regularly for updates.

Sunday, October 23, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home