Sunday, October 16, 2005

Fairy Tales

Life should not be devoid of fairy tales. I just caught the end of "Pretty Woman" and have confirmed that I want the fairy tale as much as Julia Roberts did. I think that most of the existing tales are geared for children. I may have to change that.

I already have the one under my belt. Maybe it is time to write another. I know I just wrote to a friend and made the comment that I wasn't sure it I was meant to be a poet or some other kind of writer. I think I'm still trying to figure that out.

Flash fiction has come easier to me lately. I haven't mastered the short story lately, but the short flashes seem to be working well. As much success as I've had in getting published for poetry, well, I just don't know. I have some work to do in many different departments to get where I want to be.

The advice I will give myself and to any others that care to read, try a little bit of everything and see what feels right for you. I think that is advice that I will follow.

2 Comments:

Blogger rdl said...

Sounds like good advice. Like what I've seen here so far, will be back to read more.

Tuesday, October 18, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

rdl,

Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'd be delighted to have you visit again.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home