Friday, September 16, 2005

Write the Season

The weekend is upon us. We can forget responsibility, sleep in, and enjoy some of the finer things in life. Well, I can dream, right?

Weekends don't have to be all about grocery shopping and laundry. They can be about having the time to do the grocery shopping and the laundry in a more leisurely fashion. It isn't much, but it sure beats trying to break a leg during the week to get it all done. Weekends are about spending a little extra time preparing that special meal just because you can. Weekends are about watching movies and eating popcorn because you don't have to be in bed by a certain time to make it to work the next day. Weekends are about vegging in front of the TV and just enjoying the company of the one you're with.

Summer is almost over. Today, fall was in the air. Soon we'll see unbelievable colors in the trees that inspire writers to do their best work. Let's not be so busy that we miss this miracle of masterpieces. Only too soon those colors drift to the ground to decay as mud and snow claim their places on the canvas. Open your eyes and not only see Autumn, but experience it. Jump into a pile of leaves after you've had someone rake them (no, we're not going to work too hard at this.). Smell the first fireplace smoke rise from the chimneys. Feel the freshness of the air. It is so much crisper than the humidity we've had for so long now. Breathe.

Have a great weekend, all.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I had a very pleasant laugh while reading this. I love the voice that comes across in the last paragragh, your true voice. You know, your weekend voice. Your words swelled me up with pride in my chair and made want to really pull out all the stops, I mean really go for it! We'll see. I do love this time of year, very inspiring. Enjoy your weekend.

Saturday, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this, James. It makes me glad I wrote it. Have a wonderful weekend yourself, my good sir.

Saturday, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

hmmm, you know, I hadn't even THOUGHT about the smell of the first fires of fall... I love that smell, and the way the crisp air carries it. I do believe just that one simple sentence has inspired me V. I feel a need to write, and I haven't felt that lately. Thanks!

Great entry btw ;)

ML~
~E

Saturday, September 17, 2005  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Hey, can a brother get a link, or what?

Saturday, September 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home