Thursday, September 01, 2005

Unreal

Today was nothing short of unreal. When my phone rang at 7:04 this morning, all I could do was say "no!" Bill got out of bed and answered the phone in the living room. He brought the phone to me. I won the trip! And, thanks to Erin for posting it on her blog before I had a chance. So, I went to work a few minutes later knowing there was no way I could top what just happened.

The radio station is supposed to call me with details of the trip, but I haven't heard from them so far. I admit that I was very antsy this morning and it is possible they called and I didn't answer. I didn't get any voice mails either, though. So, we're still in the dark about a few things. The plan is that I will be going to Jamaica!

I was at the bank this morning when they played the tape. To tell you the truth, I usually hate my voice on tape, but I think I sounded great this morning! They did an excellent job in editing. I just got tired after the sixth or seventh time of hearing my name as the August grand prize winner. I threatened to turn the radio off. That wouldn't be very nice.

So, as soon as I know more, I will fill you in. I have some undying gratitude for Marie who left me the voice mail two days ago to call the radio station. I owe her big time!

4 Comments:

Blogger Mommyleek said...

Congratulations, Vickie! What great news!

Can't wait to hear all the details.

Thursday, September 01, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

ohh that's so incredibly exciting! I hope you guys enjoy the heck out of it!

Thursday, September 01, 2005  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Too cool, Vickie, too cool.

Friday, September 02, 2005  
Blogger e said...

Oooh V! That's awesome. Send postcards! :)

Saturday, September 03, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home