Friday, September 30, 2005

Time Makes the World Go Round

Time plays a big role in our lives. Unfortunately, many of our activities are governed by the clock. We work "on the clock." We often eat and sleep by the clock. We are very regimented.

Many pieces of our lives are based on being in the right place at the right time. Actually, we could say being anywhere at the time is what life is. It isn't always right. Time has a way of getting away from us. We must make time to do things. We must find the time to things. There is only so much time. We cannot manufacture it by pulling some magically out of a hat.

Once the time has passed, it doesn't come back. If we resolve to write each day and we don't do it, we cannot recoup that loss. I always find that everything takes longer than it should. Generally, I ride my exercise bike at 6 pm and watch a cooking show while doing so. Other factors got out of hand yesterday and 6 o'clock came and went without my getting on the bike. I never did ride and I never did turn on the cooking show. I lost that time. I lost that benefit.

We have to face the fact that shit happens. All kinds of things will screw up our schedule. When we make a commitment to something, though, we should try to stick with it. My commitment is to ride every day. I am, however, satisfied if I manage six days a week. My commitment is to write a blog entry every day. I haven't missed one yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home