Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Supreme Being?

To think that one supreme being created the chaos that is called life seems impossible. Even if such a thing were true, everything starts with a seed of sorts. That seed has to come from somewhere. Where did the seed itself come from?

I don't profess to believe in God. I do, however, believe there is something out there...a driving force if you will. I believe that most things happen for a reason. Maybe the reasons aren't always to my liking, so I don't attribute them to an amicable being. Sometimes I even refer to what's out there as "fate" or "destiny." These terms don't necessarily require embodiment. They are safer.

I don't know what brought this on tonight. I suppose it has to do with natural disasters, death, and destruction that we've been exposed to for so long. If man was created in the image of God, how is it that man is so fucked up? How is it that we have terrorism and prejudice and discrimination? Actually, that one might be easy to answer. If every man feels that he is supreme, then it follows that all others are inferior.

We won't even get into "free will." Since the origin of life remains largely unanswered, there's no point in taking the argument further. I simply envisioned something better. I suppose there's still hope and that is why optimism exists.

Some days, I just don't get it. But, life goes on...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

You do not want to get me started on this subject. I don’t claim to have all the answers. Hell, sometimes any answers seem out of my reach. But I will say this; (besides I really dig the write tonight) simply believing makes it true . . . if there is such a thing as truth.

Now, I don’t mean the Easter bunny is coming over for Christmas.

What I mean is our mind is so powerful that believing in anything to heightened degree can fill empty spaces. Some achieve this sense by writing poetry, in song, or art. And some choose religion. As I’ve said, this is our heaven or hell, it’s our choice. ~ James

Wednesday, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

I rather like the last paragraph of your write, James. Thanks for reading and commenting. Take care.

Wednesday, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home