Sunday, September 18, 2005

Sunny Sunday

We just got back from a walk to the corner. This is good because my Sunday steps are always sorely lacking. Plus, I didn't ride yesterday, so the exercise was needed. It is a wonderful day outside. For awhile, I waited to see if it was clouding up or clearing up. The sun finally won and peeked some rays while we began our descent down the street. Of course I forgot my sunglasses, but it wasn't so bad. The trip was actually around the block with a stop at the grocery store.

I'm looking for a little less troublesome day today. I promised him pizza for dinner, so I will be going out later to pick that up. I happen to love pizza but I really don't need the overeating it entails. I'm so bad about that. On the upside, we have finished all of the cookies in the house. This means the only time we have desert is when I make brownies. And, I couldn't pass up the sale on that this week!

Ah, an observation from him, 'tis the season...for the acorns to fall. We heard several hit their marks as they fell today. Fortunately, the targets were cars and such and not human heads. I think that would hurt if a falling torpedo would hit the skull.

Other news...I've been rejected by two more publications. I still have a few more places that I'm waiting to hear from. I just wrote a crap poem for the pic of the week too. I would reject that one as well. They can't all be winners, I guess.

6 Comments:

Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I have a buddy that has this amazing, little (quite large) wooded area. He has beautiful "pet" fox; for another time. Any way, he just told me of being struck in the head by one these "torpedoes," I think you called them. He said that it cracked the top of his head open and nearly knocked him out.

Sunday, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Holy shit! I hope he's okay.

Sunday, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Oh yeah. It was a couple of years back, I think.

Sunday, September 18, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

Ooooh I can't wait till they start falling here - it's funny how little things keep reminding me how much I love Autumn. I hadn't even thought of the acorns, but yeah - it's definitely one of those indicators isn't it?

Here, the air is smelling somehow cleaner, the humidity isn't quite so high, and there''s a tinge of color here and there, but mostly, for now, Autumn is still my own wishful thinking - it was 95 degrees yesterday, not much Fall in that is there?

Mornings are cooler though... It's coming.

Monday, September 19, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

James,

Thank God. I will hold you to telling me the story of the pet fox.

Monday, September 19, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Gee, Erin,

Should I grad a handful and start pitching them your way? Maybe where you live, Autumn isn't so bad...but around here, Autumn is followed by winter and I don't want to go there yet.

Monday, September 19, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home