Thursday, September 22, 2005

The Mundane

When things don't go right, you take it in stride. When I'm continually butting my head against a wall, I begin to take it personally. I am good at what I do, but lately I've been doubting my own ability because either the system or the company is not cooperating. And, that's just at work. Outside of work could take a book. I think I need a couple of days off soon.

The last two entries I posted were written while I was at work. Once I got home, I simply posted them straight from email. I didn't bother even reading them again. When I'm at work, I will write, but I'm there to work and I want to work. Writing at work doesn't give me the same satisfaction. It wouldn't be so bad if other things were getting done as well. When it is the only thing getting done, that's a problem.

I got my free issue of Modern Review yesterday. I got through the preface and maybe the first poem today. I'm not terribly impressed with in and it carries a price tag of $6 per issue. I'll have to let you know once I get further into it. I'd really like to see the next issue of JAW. I've been reading those from cover to cover. I'm beginning to think maybe an issue came out and I didn't get one.

And life goes on...

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I DOUBT that an issue cam eout if the lack of email response was any indication of productivity.

Thursday, September 22, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Yeah, I doubt it too.

Thursday, September 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home