Monday, September 26, 2005

Letter Writing

We're writers. Do you know the best way to get something resolved? Write a letter!

I finally got fed up and started thinking I imagined my recent good fortune when the radio station wasn't providing satisfaction. I went to their web site yesterday to get the name of the station manager. It turns out the email address of the program manager was listed. I happen to like email; it is faster than regular mail.

I wrote a letter and explained how I won, what I won, and how I still had no evidence of either prize. I asked for help in rectifying the matter. When I sent the email, I did not expect to hear anything until today since I figured they were a Monday through Friday operation. I was also under the impression that they started around 9 a.m. I might be wrong about that.

Any way, at 9:06 this morning, I had an email from the program manager. He was not too happy with his staff for not keeping me posted as to what was going on. He told me he would contact the right people and I would have answers TODAY. Terrific!

Shortly after 11 this morning, I had a voicemail from the head of the promotions department. He wasn't too happy with his staff either. When I called him back, he was in the middle of writing me an email. Of course, he never sent it since I was on the phone. While we still don't have all of the information about the trip, I will hear from him no later than next Monday about this. His contact person at Sandals is out of the office this week. In the meantime, I asked him about the DVDs. He said he would look into it and call me this afternoon. I then got a call from home about a message left on my answering machine from the same guy. This man was covering all of his bases.

I arrived home shortly after 4:30 p.m. to be told the radio station had called 30 seconds prior. I checked the message. Oh, this is good. They had held onto the DVDs thinking I could pick them up when I came to the station for my paperwork. He had them mailed out today. He told me he left a similar message on my voicemail at work.

So, things are moving along. The radio station has my air travel certificate and if I have any questions, I have a name and a number to call. We may get to Jamaica yet.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

I often tell people, people fuck you around only if you let them. Be assertive, and dazzle them with a higher vocabulary than their own. And all will work out. Although, it sounds like someone just wasn't doing their job properly. But it could have merely been unfourtunate circumstances that thwarted progress, and simply need you to clear things up. Perhaps?

The things I have pulled off with a letter have proven something to me- which is I was meant to do one thing and anything else would be a disservice.

Be well. The James

Tuesday, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Unfortunate circumstances is exactly it. All I really accomplished was to shed some light on the matter. I am no longer in the dark.

And on the 8th day, God said "let there me light..."

Tuesday, September 27, 2005  
Blogger Erin said...

Well at least you know someone's doing something now. and that it wasn't all some figment of your imagination...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

It was certainly beginning to feel that way. The DVDs arrived today...finally!

Wednesday, September 28, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home