Saturday, August 27, 2005

Things

Things are not always as they seem. I came down on the lack of reality, but there are other sides to examine. Symbolism is a very legitimate tool. I was too narrow-minded to even think of it.

We use metaphors and similies to express ideas in poetry. I shouldn't be so hard to come down on the movie industry for doing something similar. Had I actually thought about it for awhile, I might have come up with it for myself. As it is, the movie had some good points and what I considered not-so-good ones as well. I guess I wasn't in the right mindset for symbolism.

I'll be the first to tell you to use all of the tools that are available to you. You might consider, however, the impressions we leave within the context of our message.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home