Friday, August 19, 2005

No Spam, Thank You, Ma'am

Recently, I've received a couple of spam comments on my blog. People are hitting the next blog button and leaving a standard advertisement as a cut-and-paste in the comments on whatever entry happens to come up. This is wrong! Don't they know that if they would leave a thoughtful comment about that particular blog entry, they would quite likely find that reciprocity still works?

I know people are busy, but don't use my blog as your billboard. Read what I have to say and comment on what I said. If you happen to leave a link to your site in the process, great! Then I can find you and check you out. Even if you don't leave a link, most of the time when you click on the name of a blogger, that blogger's profile will come up. I can then return the favor that way.

We're all looking for attention on the internet. We are all starved for comments. Posting spam is not the way to accomplish anything. Now, if I've just posted about the price of shorts and you happen to be a shorts salesperson, fine, tell me about your sale. Otherwise, don't bother advertising your wares. The comment will only be deleted.

Happy Friday, all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home