Saturday, August 20, 2005

Blogging Drawbacks

There's are many drawbacks to blogging. Yes, it is possible to register a reaction to something that has been written. That is the good part. The problem, however, is that I know I've made some comments on specific posts that I'd be real interested in seeing a response to. A couple of posts I continue to return to without seeing any response. Some, I've just forgotten about.

Often, when I receive a comment on my blog and I make a response to that comment, I will email the response to the person just so I know they see it. I can only do that for comments on my blog. I guess I'd like to see something like the poetry boards have. Anyone that posts a response gets notified when a new response is posted. I seriously don't think that will ever happen, but it is an idea.

I read a seven-part story on another blog. I wasn't happy with where the story ended and I wrote a comment that I wanted to know what happened next. Even though what happens next isn't part of the story, the author probably has a pretty good idea what would happen if she were to write it. She's one that never replied to the comment. I really, really want to know.

Well, I guess we can't get everything we desire in life. C'est la vie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home