Monday, August 29, 2005

Bad Old Alarm Clock

I don't think I was really interested in going to work this morning. I never set my alarm last night. I woke up at 6:42 a.m. and thought, damn, I didn't set my alarm. Fortunately, the alarm would have only gone off two minutes earlier so it all worked out. You know how that works, though, one little thing can be off in the morning and its enough to throw everything else off. I just wasn't motivated once I got to work. It was no surprise that I was home a few minutes early as well.

It is hard to be motivated when there's so much going on around us. Some of us will be moving to a new location in the company soon. Since our departments have been reorganized and placed under a new director, we get to move. I never got rid of my boxes from when I came to this job, so I have a good start, but still...moving is a pain. We were supposed to get a move date today and it didn't happen. In the meantime, I have three boxes packed and refuse to pack up anything else until we know when this is going to happen.

It seems we will be having an opening in the department as soon as they make an announcement about a promotion. If this position is posted, it is a higher level than four of us currently hold. Since I have only been in the department for four months, I don't know what my chances are, but I feel I am highly qualified. We shall see what unravels. Sometimes it only takes a slight tug at the string before the whole sweater comes apart.

So, tonight I make sure I set the alarm. I don't see myself being lucky enough to wake up on time two days in a row. Too bad I have to wait until next weekend the three-day weekend. I'm tempted to make it four, but I need to evaluate my remaining time off to see how it shakes out for the rest of the year. Can you believe that September is upon us? I certainly can't.

Have a good night all. And, have a better day tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home