Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Another Plane Crash

There have just been way to many airplane crashes within the past month. Someone at work suggested maybe there was some sabotage involved and I'm beginning to wonder if maybe she was right. Otherwise, the airline industry is having some serious bad luck. It was bad enough with the bombers in London last month. Ever since, we've been having fatal plane crashes. There was only one crash where everyone got off alive. This is scary stuff people.

Could it be that these villains are unable to hijack our aircraft so, instead, they mess with the mechanics of the machines themselves? I don't even want to think about this, but there have been way too many mishaps. At least in this last one, it sounds like half of the passengers were only injured while the other half are dead. Those are better odds than all of them being dead.

So, either we need to do a better job of rotating our stock as far as airplanes go so that they don't all get old at the same time, or we need to start double-checking before takeoff to make sure that the plane really is in working order. I'm certainly in no hurry to fly anywhere. And, with gas prices, I doubt I'll be driving any great distances either.

Have a good night, all. Good night, James.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

You know, it's funny because I've never really been concerned about the safety of flying, not that I fly much anyway, but even with all this lately I'd hop a plane tomorrow. I mean, compare the number of automobile accident related deaths in the last month, and we get into cars without thinking twice about it.

I think the difference is that in a car, WE drive, we're in control, and mentally we understand that in a plane, we have no such control, nothing we can do will change the outcome.

Or maybe I'm just crazy?

Wednesday, August 24, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

You're never crazy. I think often, we actually are safer in our cars because we are in control. The problem arises when we are not alone on the road. In other countries, also, we can't always control who visits our vehicles while we are occupied elsewhere (car bombs and such). If I was the only driver, I'd be in utopia!

I can very easily make statements about airplanes today since I have no plans to go anywhere any way. If I had to fly, I probably would. I might not be too happy about it with delays at the airports and safety records these days as well. But, I would probably do it.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005  
Blogger Sir James Eric Watkins said...

Hey! Thanks for the goodnight. You're probably asleep now. But goodnight all the same.

Saturday, August 27, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

I probably was asleep by then. Thanks and you're welcome.

Saturday, August 27, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home