Thursday, July 21, 2005

Satisfaction

I admit there's some satisfaction involved in finishing something you've started. Even though I feel I compromised on that short story, I'm glad it is done and I'm not totally displeased with it. These small successes are what keeps us going.

I got a rejection the other day. It wasn't necessarily a surprise, but there is still disappointment attached to it. At least, though, they had the courtesy to say something. I'm still waiting on a number of places for just a response. The trick is to balance these disappointments with those successes mentioned above.

In the meantime, I've involved in a round robin. We are on our fifth round and I'm pleased to say that we've had some excellent poems generated. This last round involved prompts that were to be used as the title or ending line or both. There may have been eight or nine prompts. Four of them called to me. There's nothing like a good dose of inspiration to make the world right.

I'm still doing the pic of the week at Moontown Cafe as well. Those poem are posted under "Picture Poetry." Unfortunately, the pictures are not posted, but some of the poems are pretty good even without them.

I'm in for a long weekend. I decided not to battle parking issues downtown tomorrow. So, I hope everyone has a great weekend. I know I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home