Saturday, July 16, 2005

Getting Started Again

As I'm sure you've noticed, I have been posting my short stories for the past few days. There are actually a couple of reasons for this. First, it allows me to archive the stories in two ways. And then, it prevented me from having to write fresh topics. I seem to be running out of time lately. Between work, threatening thunder storms, and life in general, it was easier just to grab something from my web site and post it here. If you'd seen them before, I apologize.

Technically, I have two short stories left on the web site. Night Lights and September Mourn (two revisions). The first is my very first attempt at shorts and has grown into several chapters. This is still incomplete but very important to me. The second is my idea of how two people made it out of the towers on September 11. It may be slightly mistitled, but I can't imagine changing it.

I have two others that I wrote in part that scream to be finished. I hope that by talking about them here, I will become inspired to complete them. One is the story of two hand-carved wooden dolls that live in a doll house owned by a five-year old. They come to life as the little girl sleeps.

The other is about people who come out of hiding after a tornado and start walking to find whatever is available. They meet lots of people along the way and are joined in their trek back to civilization. They've lost everything and know that the future lies ahead of them. This is their journey.

Yes, there's a lot to be done in the days, weeks, and years ahead. Between the two of us, I can't wait to get started.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

between the 2 of us?

Good luck with the 2 you've started. I hate when I stall out mid-way. I've got a couple of pieces now that are waiting impatiently, but I've been having fun in HTML land!

Saturday, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

sure, the two of us, me and the reader. I was gonna say...me and you, the commentor, but, nah

Saturday, July 16, 2005  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

I've been enjoying your stories. Look forward to seeing the two that are in progress (if you decide to post them.)

Sunday, July 17, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

The good news is that I found the notebooks that contain the beginnings of the stories. We'll see what happens from there.

Sunday, July 17, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home