Saturday, July 09, 2005

Four Months Strong

It has been four months, roughly, since I started this blog. I have a regular readership of at least two or three. These two or three do their best to comment when something strikes their fancy. I begin to wonder if it is enough. Of course, I have the poetry blogs too. I think it might be easier some days to compose a poem than to come up with original ideas for this blog.

My involvement in the literary world has been different of late. I'm not posting on the poetry boards so much any more. I do stop by and lend a hand when someone needs one. I think I provide encouragement where it is needed also. I leave the dirty work for others. I've found contentment in my own work except for the slowness of response. I admit that I do miss the instant (sometimes) feedback that a poetry board can offer. The blogs aren't quite the same. I do not miss the politics and personalities that go along with the boards. I just wish editors would speed up their choices.

I don't know what the future will bring, but stick with me and we'll discover it together. Perhaps along the way, we'll learn a few things. Thanks for stopping by.

3 Comments:

Blogger e said...

Hey, V. I totally respect your absence from the boards (if that's what you need to do), but your absense is definitely palpable.

As for coming up with original ideas for a blog - in my humble opinion, a blog shouldn't be hard work. It's a cyber journal, yours in its entirety and meant for whatever strikes YOUR fancy. Hell, sometimes I just log on to complain. Lol. For me, as a reader, sometimes that is the most interesting stuff. Personal blogs appeal to the voyeur in everyone.

I am not telling you what to write or how to write or how to feel about YOUR blog. I just hope you're not feeling like you HAVE to write something meaningful or not write anything at all. I want to read the good, the bad AND the ugly! :-P

Saturday, July 09, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

Thanks, Erin. I started this blog for a purpose and it has served me well. I think I have written more of all kinds since I started this process. While you're right in that it shouldn't be work, I have my own ends in mind. I think one of the things I'm trying to show is that writing is all-encompassing. I seemed to have overcome my own writer's block in pursuit of something larger.

When I get it all figured out, I'm sure you'll be one of the first to know. In the meantime, thanks for your support and understanding.

Saturday, July 09, 2005  
Blogger e said...

V, if this blog has served and is serving your intentions for it, that's awesome. And no thanks necessary for the support. Glad to be of service.

Sunday, July 10, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home