Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Validation

Today was all about validation. Everything about my new job makes sense and became worthwhile today. It doesn't hurt that I got 8 steaks and a wonderful email and card in the process. Some pretty exciting things are happening for me jobwise. Any good I can do now will definitely make things easier for me once we transition to the new director (whenever that might be). Things are good.

On a more personal note, I have four poems that will be appearing in 2 ezines next month. I'm waiting on a third ezine to make up their mind about what they are doing. Three of my best poems are tied up with them. It would be nice if they were print zines, but online is nothing to sneeze at. I think there is greater exposure online to help promote the self. I'd be thrilled if I could get all 7 poems (six submitted and 1 solicited) to be appearing at once. It sure beats the occasional rejection.

Mike and Austin officially packed up a moving truck today. I saw Mike and he made sure I knew they would be back to straighten up. I saw Austin earlier and gave him one final present. A few weeks back, I won a "make a wish" stuffed star. Technically, it is an ornament. I've had it hanging in my office ever since. I decided that Austin needed to have this star. I brought it home tonight and gave it to him. I hope he hangs it somewhere and remembers me from time to time. Hopefully, I will get a chance to say a final goodbye to him.

I quite feel that I've been stalking my neighbors. I just really enjoy seeing this little boy around the apartment. The fact that he's been through some tough times only makes him more endearing. He's a gem of a kid and I won't be forgetting him any time soon.

It has been a hell of a day. Now, I'm gonna play. Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home