Saturday, June 18, 2005

Long Saturday Fever

We are again reminded that life is too short and is quite a bitch while it happens. I saw this with a sore jaw and all. I don't do Saturday mornings, but I was up early this morning for a visit to the dentist. My mom had, in the meantime, asked if we could go to Walmart before the grocery store. Okay, fine, we were in for a long day.

Somewhere in the middle of grocery shopping, my novacaine wore off. Now, I have a soreness and hope it is because my mouth was invaded and not because I already have a problem with one of my two new fillings. Time will tell. I have other things on my mind besides my own discomfort.

We never know what tomorrow will bring. I've said it before. I've met some truly amazing and strong people in cyberspace. I have met some truly wonderful and amazing people in real life as well. Their problems are so much larger than my toothache. Yet, it is human nature to complain. Oh, but, I forgot one of the highlights of today.

It seems that Austin came looking for me earlier. I was probably at the grocery store. He knocked on my door and wanted me to come out and talk to him. He found us unloading groceries this afternoon and opened his door to talk while we worked. He's doing well and likes the new place, but they haven't really moved yet. He said something about meeting Sarah at the playground later.

At one point when I was inside, he asked my mom if Bill was home. She told him that when the truck is gone, it means he isn't home. He is so cute. We talked a bit about his bike that is still in the basement. I think he said he broke one of the training wheels. He was thrilled that I knew it was green. With everything that Austin has been through in his young life, he stutters a bit. Hopefully, the next time he knocks on my door, I will be there for him.

Once he gets into school and has more contact with others, we're hoping the problem will resolve itself. Once he gets into school, also, he may have access to a speech therapist who can help him with the problem. I think a lot of it is that he just gets so excited to talk to people that his words get jumbled. Any way, I had a wonderful speech therapist throughout my school years and I'm hoping he meets someone just as good. Even if he doesn't always need help, it is nice to know there's someone there who he can talk to from time to time.

So, life goes on and takes some twisted routes. Hopefully, the train will hug the track and make the journey bearable. Hang on tight, we're in for a hell of a ride. Next stop, the land of Oz. Remember, the Wicked Witch of the West, while unbearably scary, is a fictional character.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home