Saturday, June 11, 2005

Life in General

The more I hear about the world and how it affects others, the more I prefer my own existence. My own existence is not in any way, shape or form perfect. It is no where near that. I lead a humble existence and have my humble blog. I rarely see myself as part of a bigger picture.

The weather is hot and uncomfortable and has been all week. We do, though, have power to run our fans and an air conditioning unit. Storms have been threatened for every day (which is not unusual in this heat), but aside from a spattering of thunder, we haven't had much in the way of storms or even rain.

We don't have hurricanes or mudslides and have few earthquakes. We're pretty sure the apartment will still be standing tomorrow. Some people can't say any of that. So, we have a relatively safe place to live and can account for all of our family members. I will enjoy that for the time being.

In general, life is moving in the right direction. The world is not a nice place on many occasions. Everything costs too much and doesn't last long enough. People are often questionable. But, we get by. Over time, this "life" has become acceptable. Few people actually have enough guts or inclination to stand up and make it be different from what it is.

Then, there will be just one thing that happens that makes everything "right." It may be a person encountered on the street or it might be simply that Mother Nature has provided a cooling breeze to accompany the scorching heat. Whatever it is, these are the moments that make everything else pale in comparison. I'm due for one of those moments soon.

Now if I can just get used to the position of the "insert" and "delete" keys on the new keyboard, life will be good.

4 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

V, this sounds like you're content in your life. . .

:P

Sunday, June 12, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

It is more that I'd rather have the life I have than some of the others I've been hearing about.

Sunday, June 12, 2005  
Blogger e said...

This post made me smile. Always good to be grateful for what you have. :o)

Sunday, June 12, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

thanks, Erin

Sunday, June 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home