Sunday, June 19, 2005

Happy Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you Dads out there. Father's Day hasn't been one of my best days for the past decade or so. On that day, 1993, my own father had a heart attack. We ended the day by taking him to urgent care and eventually having him ambulanced to the hospital. Five days later he had a quadruple bypass. He's fine now, but every year we pick on him not to ruin Father's Day.

Two years ago, yesterday, we picked him up off the street when he cracked his scalp open. My father and June don't mix. Of course, July isn't much better since his knee replacement was last July. He said his back surgery was also July, but that was actually April. But, man, fathers are a lot of maintenance.

So, at least we didn't have to scrape him off any surfaces today. This whole week, I will be watching to make sure he doesn't do anything dumb. Now if I can just get rid of that last trojan horse on his computer, all will be well in his world. Happy Father's Day, Dad. I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home