Friday, June 03, 2005

Attack Plan

I find getting ideas is not a problem. Taking those ideas from seed to full-grown plant is a different story altogether. The Chicken Soup story was submitted last night. I had meant to do the whole name change bit and all, but I felt it was more important to get it submitted. Then I started wondering what my next project should be. I have ideas. I just don't know exactly what I want to do with them.

I've made myself the unofficial PR person for Erin Monahan's chapbook, "Poetic Acceptance." I got my chapbook today. It is GORGEOUS! If you're interested, the promotion can be found on May 30th. Remember, poems are portable. A chapbook is a nice size that should fit in your purse. The cover is nice and sturdy. If, however, you're concerned about wearing out your copy by carrying it with you, I advise you to buy two. Keep one at home and take one with you.

There's a call for submissions for the MTC calendar. There's Pocket Full of Posey's that I need to submit to also. So much to do and so little time. I will need to follow my own advise and break these tasks into smaller, more manageable pieces. For instance, rather than staring at the whole pie, I just need to concentrate on one piece at a time. Once that piece is done, I can move to the next.

I cheated on the MTC calendar and submitted some older work. Now it is time to get serious and write something for a specific picture. I do this on a weekly basis and, for awhile, it was a daily basis. How difficult can that be? At least this time, we have 12 pictures to choose from and the cover. I seriously think I'm more interested in the writing tips or the blurb for the back cover. We'll have to see.

Either way, I'd get more done if I actually started working on some of this stuff rather than simply writing about them. Consider this my plan of attack. Everything and everyone needs a plan.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

haha you cheated on your birthday thing!

Anyway, god plan - and yeah, most definitely welcome to be my PR rep!

Glad you got it!
ML~
~E

Saturday, June 04, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

ohhh, the calender is still open and stuff? I should submit something, really I should. :) I don't think its cheating to submit older stuff.

Saturday, June 04, 2005  
Blogger Vickie said...

thanks guys

yeah, Laura, I wasn't inspired at that moment. I simply got the ball rolling by submitting something that seemed to fit.

Saturday, June 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home