Friday, May 06, 2005

Rambling On

Things are not always as they seem. Let’s hope this is true because they seem pretty dreary. I guess since spring is here, other avenues seem more attractive. There is more daylight, more sunshine, and maybe even more happiness. Yet the world is still full of the same unhappy people that lived yesterday. Have you ever wondered why unhappy people try to make everyone else feel the same way? This is something that bothers me.

While I, personally, might not be a happy person, I am more or less content. I know that contentment is not I word I want to use about myself for long. I would not be where I am today if I were merely content. Maybe it would be better to say that I am content but not complacent. At this point, these are mere words and don’t mean anything other than what I attribute to them.

Isn’t that the whole point of this blog? To find meaning in our words. To make our words have meaning.

Exactly, and there are unlimited way to do this. Poetry is a more immediate form of writing. We want our readers to see and feel what we are writing about. Okay, so I got another crummy review. I seriously don’t think my reader even tried to understand what I was writing about. Because he didn’t get it, though, I was told that I didn’t think it through. I think he got that backwards.

I have no idea what the point of this post is. It may simply be a chance to hear myself think. It may be simply to not break my habit. It quite possibly is an attempt to stir up some inspiration. Get down anything that wants to work. There may be an idea hidden somewhere in the garbage. It is time to inspect our own trash.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home