Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Can't Win

People are dropping like flies around here. Every time I turn around someone has lost a cousin or a brother. Two people I know have recently traveled to Pennsylvania for funerals. One fellow employee was shot in the head by her husband weekend before last. Another is brain dead from a stroke last night.

It doesn't matter how old you are. Death can be waiting for you around the next corner. So, why are we sitting on our asses extending an invitation? It is time to think of ways to make ourselves less attractive to the grim reaper.

I was looking for the obituary of the brother of my old supervisor. I had no idea what her maiden name was. I went to Cleveland.com and came up empty. There were many souls listed that were a ripe old age, in their 80s and 90s. In between these entries was a 32 year old father of two. Depressing.

I later found out this man was living in Erie, PA. I did a search for Erie, PA, obituaries and found a newspaper site. I still didn't have a name, but I found him under the Zs. This man was 50 years old. Rumor has it that he suffered a massive heart attack during an epileptic seizure. You just never know.

I urge you to change something in your life today. I don't want to be doing any more searches for obituaries. I have enough trouble trying to locate people in my family tree; I don't need any recent deaths to deal with for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home