Thursday, May 12, 2005

Back on Track

Every so often, it is okay to go off on a tangent. We need variety and spice and everything nice. It provides us with a treat or retreat. Eventually, though, we need to get back on track.

I reread the chicken soup guidelines the other day. I think I will read them a couple more times and then tackle Mike's story again. I need to watch my word count as well as follow the instructions. I do want to include the poem I wrote after the story. I have to also change the names in the story. If anyone has any ideas for replacement names for Mike and Austin, I'm all ears.

Even though yesterday was totally out of character for me in this blog, I wrote a poem about death after that entry. We find our inspiration in all sorts of circumstances. This was doubly true last night. Sometimes we just need to write about what's going on around us. Unless something untoward happens in the near future, maybe we can put the morbid thoughts to bed.

It may be that I need to line up another project for when chicken soup is done. Since I really don't have one in mind, I'm in no hurry to finish it. Also, Saturday will be one month since I made my last submission to an online ezine. I haven't heard a thing. Of course, some people have been waiting for two months, so I suppose I shouldn't complain.

We'll get back to business tomorrow. In the meantime I'd like to wish anyone reading a happy and lucky Friday the 13th. The last time we had a Friday the 13th in May, I was laid off from a job at the hospital where I'd worked for almost 14 years. We did, of course, get two weeks notice prior. Let's not have anything like that this time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home