Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Amazing

I think it is pretty amazing how much we feed off each other. I wrote a poem the other night about people in relationships growing complacent. It may well have been the result of a round robin I'm in since there is no truth to the poem. The round robin started with something of a romantic poem. We have progressed a bit from unrequited love to affairs and when it came to be my turn, the poem I had written was perfect for where the group was heading. I used it. Its one of those things that if the shoe fits, wear it.

I also had a crap day at work yesterday. I was totally nonproductive and was ready to pull my hair out. With that and some other stuff going on, I wrote a poem about silence and avoidance. That poem sparked a responding poem on another blog. My reaction was "WHOA!" Amazing.

Yet another poem I wrote, I can't pronounce or spell the form, was in response to people not leaving comments when they visit. I guess you could say that I have been busy feeding off one thing or another. So, of course, there is a lesson to be learned in all of this. Reading can supply inspiration. Read other's poems and blogs. Comment every so often too while you're at it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home