Saturday, April 16, 2005

Blog Update

Every day I’ve posted something in this blog. Most have been ideas that simply came to me and forced me to write. A handful of pieces were previously posted in the Wired Poet Newsletter. I started out with the idea of writing about writing. It seems no matter how we approach the subject, there’s plenty of overlap and repetition. I’m beginning to wonder if writing is a finite subject.

At least two of the entries I posted are meant for further research. The first one being whether poetry fits into both the art and science categories. The other is the conversation I posted about fairy tales. Both of these have so much further to go. So, in that sense, this blog has become a catchall for bits and pieces that can be tied into something much larger.

Since April 1, one entry per day from this blog has been posted on Moontowncafe.com. While most of my entries do not deal directly with poetry, I explained early on that many of the general principles could be applied to all kinds of writing. My reads and responses have been very disheartening. Does that mean that I chose the wrong train of thought to follow? Probably not; I still consider the thought processes to be valuable.

I do think that the audience selection was poor. After April, the only audience I need to worry about will be the one that seeks out my work. Yes, I am deluding myself into thinking there will be seekers, but it is a more comforting idea than where I am now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home